English Lang. & Lit. SL/HL
Join our expert tutor, Michael, as he provides you with IB English Lang. & Lit. SL/HL. Over five days, he will help you deconstruct IB-style questions, identify essential concepts and utilize key terms to score big in your exams. Don't worry if you are studying Standard or Higher Level; he will treat both content levels separately on different days.
See our detailed curriculum breakdown to see what Michael is covering each day; you can choose to study the topics you need per Standard/Higher levels or Higher level only days or the whole course! Sign up today.
DAY 1: (8 Aug) (STANDARD/ HIGHER LEVEL)
- Non-literary unit of study - Readers, writers, and texts.
- Literary unit of study - Intertextuality.
- Literary unit of study - time and space.
- The News: spotting textual bias and fake news.
- Language evolution: Is language going to the dogs?
- Political protest in sport.
DAY 2: (9 Aug) (STANDARD/ HIGHER LEVEL)
- Individual Oral Commentary.
DAY 3: (10 Aug) (STANDARD/ HIGHER LEVEL)
- Past paper review (Papers 1 and 2).
DAY 4: (11 Aug) (HIGHER LEVEL ONLY)
- Further Oral Activity.
DAY 5: (12 Aug) (HIGHER LEVEL ONLY)
- Higher Level Essay.