English Lang. & Lit. Winter Revision Course 2021
7 Max. Students
Join our expert tutor, Angela, as she provides you with English IB-Mock Revision Tuition; see our detailed Curriculum breakdown below.
DAY 1 Tuesday, 4th January 2022
- Clarifying the task and challenges: what are your strengths and challenges in the assessment component?
- Defining the task: expectations for the Paper 1 Guided textual analysis.
- Basics: time management, duration, instructions, guiding questions.
- Understanding the criteria and descriptors.
- Possible Paper 1 text types and their features.
- A sample response: identifying strong points of the response.
- Marking a good sample paper.
- Discuss the qualities of an outstanding response.
- Reflections and questions.
DAY 2 Wednesday, 5th January 2022
- Developing specific skills – vocabulary, terminology, technical terms, precise vocabulary.
- Developing specific skills – interpreting authorial choices in relation to the guiding question.
- Reading and annotating texts.
- The thesis statement.
- Mind mapping.
- Writing the analysis using the PEEL paragraph.
- Topic sentences, paragraph unity, cohesion.
- Smooth integration of quotations.
- Conclusion and reflections.
- Individual action plan for success.