Ubon A. is an Educator and a Ph.D. holder in Physics.
He has a wide range of teaching experience. He started his teaching career as a Physics Lecturer at the University of Calabar, Nigeria.
He later relocated to Canada, where he has been teaching Physics, Mathematics, and Sciences in Universities, Colleges, and High schools across Canada.
He is a prolific writer and researcher. He has many publications to his credit.
Physics and mathematics teacher for over 10 years.
What is your teaching philosophy?
My teaching philosophy is that every student can succeed, given the right atmosphere and a good teacher.
What might you do in a typical first session with a student?
- Introduction of participants.
- Give course outline and evaluations.
- A short introduction to the course
How can you help a student become an independent learner?
- By giving more practice questions and feedback.
How would you help a student stay motivated?
- By giving regular positive feedback.
If a student has difficulty learning a skill or concept, what would you do?
- Extra help and applying different methods of presenting the material.
How do you help students who are struggling with reading comprehension?
- Assist in homework and practice sessions.
- Positive feedback.
What strategies have you found to be most successful when you start to work with a student?
- Good relationship.
How would you help a student get excited/engaged with a subject that they are struggling with?
- Talking more about the student’s natural interest.
What techniques would you use to be sure that a student understands the material?
- Regular assessments for learning.
How do you build a student’s confidence in a subject?
- Positive feedback.
How do you evaluate a student’s needs?
- Using diagnostic assessments.
- Probing questions.
How do you adapt your tutoring to the student’s needs?
- Using differentiated instructions.
What types of materials do you typically use during a tutoring session?
- Lesson notes
|Extended Essay (EE)||
|Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches (2019) HL||
|Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches (2019) SL||
|Mathematics: Applications And Interpretations (2019) HL||
|Mathematics: Applications And Interpretations (2019) SL||